Thursday, February 26, 2009

First ear infection

Eoin has had a fever on and off and a cough since Sunday and so I took him to the doctors today. The poor guys has an ear infection in his left ear and his right ear was pretty inflamed too. Then the doctor scared me by saying she wanted to get a chest x-ray to rule on pneumonia! Taking the xray was tough. At least I was able to stay with Eoin but then I had to hold his arms straight up above his head and make sure his head stayed straight while he screamed. Poor fella! Anyway the good news is that the chest x-ray was clear but he still has some strong antibiotics to take and we have to go back to the doctors again tomorrow to make sure his fever of 105.3 (40.72 celsius) has come down.

2 comments:

  1. Chest x-rays are NO FUN! I can't even remeber the number of them Hannah has had. She's had pneumonia 5 times already so that's at least 2 sets of x-rays for each time. Plus there have been a few added in there when they haven't turned out or when it wasn't actually pneumonia. I'm glad that Eoin is starting to feel better.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie - thank you so much for taking time out to comment. I know you have a crazy load at the moment! Hope all is going as well as you had hoped. Eoin is doing much better!
    Big hugs to the three of you.
    Saran

    ReplyDelete