Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beacons of Light

Pigeon Point Lighthouse on Route 1 California
Well I haven't been too good at keeping this blog updated in the last few weeks so huge apologies. I am currently in week three of radiation therapy and have an end date of 5 August to work towards. I am travelling up to UCSF each day which is a round trip of 100 miles but we like the doctors and the team up there so it is worth it.

I have met some wonderful ladies up there. The one thing that shines out every time is the wonderful spirit everyone has who is on the journey that cancer takes you on. It is good to meet others who understand what it is like and we always have a word of encouragement or hugs for each other. In terms of my progress the radiation has given me a very sore throat and swallowing is a major pain but an ice cream diet isn't that bad!

As a family we are doing ok. Eoin has been going through big transitions - he started preschool three weeks ago which has been good for him. We continue to spend as much time as possible as a family at the weekends mainly at the beach. Andy continues to be my rock and beacon through out all of this. He rubs my back when I feel nauseous, has unending hugs and words of encouragement for me.

I must also say a huge thank you to all our friends here in the Bay Area who have volunteered to drive up to San Francisco so that Andy can continue to work. And to those of you who have cooked for us, cleaned and bought me beautiful scarfs a huge thank - we love you all and are truly blessed to have you in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment