Saturday, September 5, 2009

Big boy bed


Well this is the big weekend when Eoin moves out of his crib and into his toddler bed. I made him a sticker 'fish tank' chart - the idea being that every time he naps or stays in bed through the night he gets to put a fish or sea horse in his fish tank. Let's see if it works. We can't put him back in his crib as it was on it's last legs and then it finally broke when we took it apart. So this is it no turning back now. I still have to figure out how I'm going to get my shower in the morning but I'm sure I can work something out. Will update tomorrow on how the night went. Fingures crossed.

UPDATE - 1.5 hrs to get him to sleep in his bed tonight. I stuck to my guns. There were no tears (from either of us) and eventually it all worked. Goal for tomorrow is 1 hr.

1 comment:

  1. What a big step for the little boy!
    That is great! and I love the idea of the fish tank chart...very out of the box!
    I hope it contiues to go well.

    Lisa T.

    ReplyDelete