Monday, September 7, 2009

Big bed/Sleep update

Well the first night was truly awful. It took 90 minutes to get Eoin to stay in bed. I was ok with this I guessed it would take about this long. But then the horror of the night began at 1am when Eoin woke up and realized he could get out of bed. In the end I put him back in his sleep sack and took the duvet off the bed. That seemed to help and by 4am he had settled down again properly.

So as you can imagine yesterday wasn't such a fun day with the whole household being tired. We did make a trip out to get a low watt light bulb for his lamp and a gate for his door.

By bedtime last night Eoin was so so tired! It took 50 minutes to get him settled into bed. I left the lamp on and snuck out of his room so that Andy and I could enjoy a pizza and a glass of wine toghether to celebrate our six year wedding anniversary.

We both pleaded with the 'sleep god' to help Eoin stay in bed over the night. And you know what he did! I still had to go into him three times to settle him but he didn't get out of bed until 6.30am. Fingers crossed Eoin will now have no problems at all in his bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment