Wednesday, December 15, 2010

News blackout

Eoin on a recent rainy day.
 So apologies for the lack of photos and news this last week but we have had quite a week. Last Wednesday morning Eoin decided I was the coolest Mommy on the block as we had a fire truck at our house. This was down to Andy calling 911 as I was very ill. Fast forward 48 hours, a contrast CT and ultrasound and I was headed into the OR for exploratory surgery because the doctors couldn't work out what the heck was going on (apart from maybe deep endometrial pain).
Eoin enjoying a hike in the local bay lands.
So it turned out that I had appendicitis but here was the kicker my appendix was stuck to my left ovary. The surgeon also discovered I was about a month away from a full bowel obstruction from some of the worst endometriosis she had ever seen. Fast another 24 hours and I'm healing nicely till I start coughing and having a fever. I had bi-lateral pneumonia!

But after five days in hospital I am now home and doing really well. Today I actually managed a few chores and a walk round the block. Andy has been amazing a real rock. He has looked after Eoin and done a great job. Our friends rallied and delivered food to our door every night I was in hospital and offered tons of babysitting so Andy could see me in hospital.

Overall Eoin did well. We had a few behavioural issues after day two of me being away but now he is back to normal. On my first night home he cuddled up to me in bed - every part of his body had to be touching mine and he looked at me and said 'Mommy I love you. Will you be here in the morning?'
 He broke my heart but I am very very thankful to say yes I will be home for a long time to come.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Saran. That sounds really tough. I'm so glad you are on the mend and that Eoin's giving you lots of good snuggles.

    ReplyDelete