Monday, November 2, 2009

Adoption Awareness Month

Click here to view this photo book.

November is Adoption Awareness Month and so I am hoping to blog a little through out the month about our adoption journey and raising our little guy Eoin.

I'm going to start with sharing a little book that I have just finished writing for Eoin about our family. The idea for it came from Eoin starting to ask about babies. Many of our friends have just had the excitement and joy of welcoming a second baby into their families. They were all so wonderful with Eoin and let him touch their tummies and talk about how a baby was growing.

Then one day Eoin came and touched my tummy and said 'Mommy, baby tummy'. Oh how that pulled at the heart strings! Of course I had a little moment later with Andy where I cried a little and shared how that was tough. Don't get me wrong - we would go through everything ten times over because it means we have our wonderful little man.

We talk to him nearly everyday about his birthmother and how he grew in Amy's tummy but I think this may be the beginning of Eoin's awareness of his adoption. And so I decided to get creative and write Eoin another storybook about his family. It should arrive with us in a couple of days. I can't wait to read it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment