Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Afternoon at the Library

This afternoon Eoin and I did one of his favorite things - we visited the library. There was a surprise waiting for us; a new doll house. Eoin must have spent nearly 45 minutes playing with the doll house (even though everything was stuck down with super strong glue). He just wanted to point at everything and say it's names. Of course though Eoin eventually found a book about trains and he spent a little while reading that book.

When we first joined the library I nearly feel over when they told me how many books we could take out - 99! We grew up being allowed to take three books out each and when they saw the Simpson family coming with 6 kids I think our poor local library nearly died knowing that we would have so many books to take out between us. I love our libraries in Palo Alto. There is a great kids library about a mile away (the oldest free standing kids library in America) and we have a local library just blocks from our house. But what I am thrilled about even more is that Eoin loves books and the library. it is one of the few things he asks to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment